DDTS Support: Common DDTS Commands
DDTS has quite a few executables. Here is a short list of the most common commands that you may need. All of these commands should be located in this path: DDTS_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY/bin/ on DDTS Server.
- xddts: This command will run the graphical user interface (GUI) for DDTS.
- ddts: This command will run the non-graphical user interface or teletype (tty) for DDTS.
- findbug: Find defect number(s) based upon a command line query.
- dumpbug: Display a defect using a known defect number.
- bugval: Display field(s) of a defect.
- rmbug: Delete a defect. I do not recommend that you use this command.
- patchbug: Modify a defect. You must re-build the DDTS Database if you use this command.
- batchbug: Create and modify a defect. You may have to re-build the DDTS Database if you use this command.
- adminbug: Execute a DDTS administration command. This command has a lot of sub-commands.
- rdtest: Find syntax errors in a template file.
- tmpltest: Test a template file.
- ddtsclean: Basic house cleaning tasks, such as checking available licenses and emptying temporary directories.
Knowing these commands, you will become a DDTS expert.
by Phil B.