7 Reasons to Never Retire
Retirement is not necessary a good thing, so here are seven reasons to not retire.
- Mentally Active: Almost every doctor agrees that staying mentally active is extremely important especially for senior citizens. It is believed that being mentally active prevents and/or delays several mental illnesses, such as Alzheimerís Disease.
- Physically Active: Just like the previous reason, staying physically active is extremely important for staying healthy and living a long life. As the old saying goes, "use it or lose it".
- Money: The most common reason for not retiring is not being able to afford it. Even though a lot of people have pensions, social security checks, and 401Ks, a lot of people still can not afford to quit working.
- Medical Insurance: Similarly to the previous issue, medical insurance is a big reason for staying employed. If you live in the United States, then your medical insurance is very expensive especially if you try to retire early.
- Economy: Todayís economy is facing a shortage of skilled workers, especially with the Baby Boom Generation soon to retire in large numbers.
- Marriage: Letís face reality. Can your marriage hold up if both you and your spouse are both at home all of the time?
- Something To Do: Nothing is more boring than retiring with nothing to do. Whether it is working at work, teaching, babysitting grandchildren, or starting a new hobby, never stop doing something. Doing something adds meaning and happiness to oneís life that can not found elsewhere.
by Phil for Humanity