With the downturn in the economy, everyone is looking to save money. An easy way to save a few hundred dollars per year is by stop paying membership fees to gyms and fitness centers.
Instead, try these free alternative workout routines.
- Walk, Job, or Run: We donít need expensive treadmills to get our bodies moving. Instead, use the neighborhood community or a nearby park.
- Yard Work: Admit it. There is a lot of yard work that needs to be done. If the yard work is light, then pick up your pace for a better cardio workout.
- Weightlifting: Use household items as weights. I personally recommend using gallons of water, since they have good handles and their weight can be easily adjusted. For instance, a water gallon could be half full for some light weights. Or a gallon could contain only sand instead of water to be much heavier. If you are extremely dedicated to weightlifting, then purchasing an adjustable weightlifting set would still be cheaper than gym membership dues.
- Outdoor Sports: Remember as a kid when outdoor sports was fun and exciting? Try skating, basketball, soccer, tennis, swimming, etc. Most of these sports are free or ask around to borrow the equipment instead of buying them.
- Partner: Exercising is more fun with someone else, and it gives an extra motivation to exercise. Besides, having an exercise partner is free. .
- Body Resistance: Push-ups, chin-up, and sit-ups do not require any equipment, therefore they can be done anywhere and are free.
We donít need to spend a lot of money to have a great workout, but remember to exercise safely.
by Phil for Humanity