Proving Global Warming
There has been a lot of talk lately about some scientists claiming that global warming is false while other scientists are claiming that global warming is real. So, I wanted to prove that global warming is happening in such a way that even a ten year old child could understand.
Here is a list of scientifically proven facts:
- Burning of fuel (such as gasoline, natural gas, coal, wood, etc.) releases certain gases into the atmosphere.
- These gases, that have a lot of scientists worried, are carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and a few others. These gases are also called carbon emissions.
- The amount of carbon emissions in the atmosphere is increasing.
- These carbon emissions are being released into the atmosphere at a faster rate each year, because fuel is being burned at a faster rate each year.
- Carbon emissions absorb sunlight (solar radiation). If you do not believe me, look it up or do a simple experiment. Actually, this would be an excellent idea for a school science project, but I digress.
- More carbon emissions in the atmosphere means that more solar radiation is being absorbed in our atmosphere.
- The sun is in a cycle of giving off more solar radiation. Scientists have proven that the average temperature on the planet Mars is also increasing. Since there are no other known ways for Mars to increase in temperature besides from the sun, then the sun is giving off more solar radiation.
- The average temperature on Earth is increasing too.
- There have been periods of time in Earth’s history where the average temperature has increased significantly. These increases correlate to known natural disasters, such as failed crops, flooding, and ice ages.
The question that scientists are really debating is the actual impact that carbon emissions are having to the planet. I do not think that anyone can really know the exact impact, even if they are a scientist. However, given the ample evidence, it is ridiculous to dismiss global warming as false.
Even if global warming is caused by mankind or nature or both, no one knows all the effects it will have on humanity, yet it could be devastating. We can no longer afford to consider that global warming is not happening, so we must stop releasing carbon emissions into the atmosphere by using alternative fuel sources that are environmentally friendly as soon as possible before it is too late. And no one knows when that will be.
Please pass this information along to non-believers.
by Phil for Humanity